27 January 2006

Super bowl pick

So my last set of predictions was horribly, horribly wrong.

The Steelers keep surprising me. Going into the Colts game, I knew their defense was incredibly good at creating interceptions, even on seemingly sensible throws, and stopping the run. What I didn't count on was their ability to (a) stump Peyton by betraying no hint of what they'd do on a given play (it seemed like if this were possible, teams would've been doing it all season long); and (b) keep sacking him all day. This Sunday, they looked more like I had expected. Which is still pretty intimidating.

What was amazing this week was the Steelers offense. The commentators liked the play-calling. I don't know if it was that or something else, but it was awfully impressive.

Antwaan Randle El is a fast, fast man.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and pick the Steelers to win the Super Bowl. If you're Matt Hasselbeck, I just don't see how you're supposed to prepare for the Steelers defense. Plus the Steelers are fun to watch. So by my logic, they can't possibly lose. Looking forward to it.

No comments: